Two types of cookies are used on this website:
Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help the VELUX website remember what you chose on the previous page, thus avoiding having to re-enter information.
Persistent Cookies: These are cookies, which remain on your devise after you have visited our website. These cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor (by storing a randomly generated number). The length of time a cookie will remain on your device will depend on the type of cookie. On this website, we use persistent cookies (tracking cookies) to provide meaningful site traffic reports about the usage of the website. An example of such a report is what proportion of visitors complete a purchase, or leave before reaching the shopping basket. We use the following business partners to manage this tracking:
- Google Analytics (read more at http://www.google.co.uk/analytics/)
- Third party cookies from advertising partners, where we can measure how successful our campaigns are:
- Google Adwords (read more at adwords.google.co.uk)
- Tradedoubler (read more at http://www.tradedoubler.com/)
- DoubleClick (read more at http://www.google.com/doubleclick/)
- Yahoo and Bing (read more at http://advertising.microsoft.com/uk/small-business/yahoo?s_cid=uk_smb_yahoo_fork)
How to Restrict or Remove Cookies From Our SiteIf you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by this website, or delete cookies already created, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s HELP function should tell you how to do this, or your mobile phone manual. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive guidelines about how to do this on a number of different browsers.
Please be aware that restricting cookies on this website may impact some functionality, but you will be able to complete your purchase.
If you wish to see the content of a cookie, please just click on the cookie to open it. You will see a short string of text and numbers.
If you need further information, please contact our customer services department. Ask for the webmaster.